Nursing Home Advocate
Whether for short-term recovery, or long-term care, transitioning a loved one to a skilled care facility is one of the most emotionally trying experiences a family can go through. For the caregiver, how to get good care for their loved one is the primary concern as they attempt to choose the right facility, coordinate legal and financial arrangements, and ensure their loved one’s continued quality of life. Meanwhile, the loved one is dealing with an overwhelming experience of their own, as they face reduced independence and privacy, unfamiliar situations, and a lifetime of memories in their previous home.
How to Get Good Nursing Home Care
As your professional nursing home advocate, Serving Seniors can provide you and your loved one with the assurance of quality care and invaluable peace of mind. From assisting you in choosing the right facility, to consulting with the nursing home team on your loved one’s unique needs, routines and preferences, our licensed nurse and social worker Professional Geriatric Care Managers are advocates on your behalf to ease the transition to nursing home care, address unexpected concerns, and head off serious care issues before they occur.
Our Services Include:
- Assisting in choosing a nursing home and advising through the admission process.
- Conducting a nursing assessment of your loved one’s needs and ongoing care plan.
- Ensuring quality care through regular consultation with the nursing home team.
- Facilitating steady progress in the rehabilitation process.
- Addressing any unasked questions, unexpected issues or concerns with facility staff.
- Helping to ease transition for your loved one to the nursing home setting.
- Advising on your loved one’s condition, treatment plan, and expectations.
- Overseeing your loved one’s physical and mental well-being through regular visits.
- Providing freedom to family members to be a loving presence rather than full-time caregivers.