It’s often said that home is where the heart is. To an aging loved one, home is familiar, safe and comfortable. It’s the place where they grew up, raised a family and made lasting friendships. Moving to a new home, due to changing health, or for convenience of caregiving, can be an extremely stressful situation for your loved one.
When It’s Time for a New Home
Although our goal is to maintain independent living at home as long as possible, at some point it is often necessary to transition a loved one to a type of housing that better meets their needs, such as assisted living or nursing home care. Serving Seniors is your trusted senior housing consultant and advisor, assisting you to locate the best new home for Mom or Dad, making the process of moving easier, and helping them to feel comfortable in their new setting.
Our Services Include:
- Recommending the type and level of care needed.
- Planning long-term, as well as short-term, to minimize repeated moves.
- Problem-solving as to how to finance an appropriate setting.
- Informing on the steps of the application process, including Medicaid qualifications.
- Performing on-site evaluations of assisted living and nursing home settings.
- Advising on quality, cost and availability of any setting.
- Reducing your loved one’s resistance to a move.
- Assisting with adjustment to a new home.