Caring for an aging loved one can be a tremendous strain on even the closest of families. Sometimes, responsibilities can arrive suddenly as the result of a loved one’s unexpected illness. Other times, demands on the family quickly grow to where they become too much to handle alone. Caregivers can find themselves in a time-consuming role of responsibility, all while attempting to balance their own familes, career and commitments. Coordinating a loved one’s care from out-of-state, resistance to new and unfamiliar situations, and inevitable conflicts over the best courses of action, can further complicate an already stressful time for you and your family members.
We Help You Focus on What Matters Most.
At Serving Seniors, we help to ease your stress by relieving you of the time-consuming responsibilities of caregiver, so you can enjoy more quality time with your loved one and maintain balance in your own life. Think of us as a trusted family friend and advisor that can help you make informed care decisions, resolve family conflicts, and ensure compassionate, quality care for your loved one – even when you can’t always be there.
NAPGCM's (ALCA's) Phyllis Brostoff
Our Services Include:
- Educating, assisting and supporting the family caregiver(s).
- Easing family guilt and indecision when senior’s decision-making is impaired.
- Functioning as a single point-of-contact and communication for the family.
- Resolving conflicts and other family issues related to long term care.
- Researching, evaluating and suggesting alternatives to enable informed decision making.
- Providing an independent, professional assessment of the care situation.
- Facilitating resolution of senior or family resistance to care services or living situations.
- Acting as a trusted, local representative for out-of-town family members.